When troubleshooting your refrigerator, you may come across some problems that you cannot fix. While faulty door seals and dusty coils are common refrigeration issues, there are some things that only a pro will know how to diagnose and properly repair. That’s when you call All Time Services for refrigerator repair in Washington, D.C. Our team of refrigeration repair experts will have your fridge working in no time.
While some homeowners like to perform minor maintenance themselves, hiring a pro to take care of necessary repairs not only ensures the job is done right the first time, but it also reduces the risk of permanently damaging your system. Here is a list of symptoms that are relatively uncommon and will require professional service.
- Condenser coil damage. Nobody knows who did it, but somehow the condenser coils were damaged. If this happens, it is best to give us a call. Your coils contain a refrigerant that is meant to stay sealed inside. We may also be able to prevent a major repair or costly replacement if we catch a problem early enough.
- Hissing noise and loss of cooling. Hissing sounds often mean there’s a crack or leak somewhere in your refrigerator, either in its insulation or in one of the mechanical components.
- Water, and lots of it. If your fridge is leaking water, the water line that supports your ice-maker may be broken.
- A fridge that sweats. If you have excessive condensation on the outside of your fridge, it could mean a serious problem with its ability to keep food cool.
- Oily residue in freezer. Strange residues and chemical odors often indicate a leak of refrigerant somewhere within the refrigeration cycle. This can be harmful to your food.
While it’s always better to have your refrigerator regularly inspected by a professional than to attempt repairs yourself, these uncommon problems require immediate attention. Call All Time Services today for comprehensive refrigeration repair in Washington, D.C..